Ingredients – This will make 4-6 (or more) servings depending how much you have each. It is very filling.
• 1½ cups red onions (chopped)
• sea salt
• 3 tbsp prepared yellow mustard
• ¼ tsp ground allspice
• 1½ tsp jalapeño peppers (chopped up small)
• 2 lbs. potatoes (cut into small cubes)
• 2 ripe tomatoes (chopped up small)
• ½ cup fresh coriander (chopped up small)
• 3 tbsp lime juice
• whole grain bread (optional)
1. In a pan, mix the onion, mustard, allspice, jalapeno, and 1 cup water. Stir and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cover the pan and cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Add the potatoes, salt to taste, and an additional 1 cup water. Raise the heat to high, cover, and cook, stirring once or twice, for 5 minutes.
3. Reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook, covered, until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a sharp knife, 10 to 15 minutes, probably closer to 15.
4. Just before serving, stir in the tomatoes, coriander, and lime juice. Place a slice of bread on your plate and top them evenly with the potato scramble. BTW, you don’t have to put in on bread. This also works really well as an accompaniment to almost anything. If it goes cold it also works as a spicy potato salad!!! You can also wrap the scramble in a tortilla which is great.