• 2 x 400g cans of chickpeas
• 2 tablespoon psyllium husks or ground flax seeds (Don’t worry if you don’t have these)
• 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped (Very important, has to be parsley!!)
• 1 carrot, grated (Average size – although size is not important..)
• 1 onion, diced (Just under cricket ball size)
• 6 garlic cloves, mashed
• 4 tablespoons chickpea flour (gram flour) but any other type of flour will do if you don’t have this
• 1 teaspoon sweet paprika (regular paprika is also fine)
• ½ teaspoon ground cumin
• salt and pepper, maybe ½ teaspoon of each
• 2 tablespoons tahini paste (Slightly unusual ingredient but you do need it)
1. Put the chickpeas in the food processor and blend well until they are paste like (no lumps !!)
2. Put them in a large bowl then add in all the other ingredients. Mix up really well, I like to get my hands into the mix. Once mixed shape into patties or golf ball size balls, you can even make custom shapes if you have the tools !!
3. Heat a little Oil in a non-stick frying pan.
4.Fry them for approx 2-3 minutes on each side. I tend to flip them a few times during the cooking process. Leave a little longer if you want to brown and crisp the outside a little. I like to push the tops down gently with a frying pan thing (you know what I mean..)
5.This recipe will make up to 10 patties depending how big you make them. You can store in fridge for a few days.